What is a QRC? It stands for Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant. A QRC will assist you with managing medical care and coordinating a return to work within your restrictions. In this article, we will talk about the role of a QRC after a work injury.
The Role of a QRC after a Work Injury
In the Workers’ Compensation area, a variety of legal jargon and acronyms are often used that may not be widely apparent. QRCs are an essential part of nearly every work comp case in Minnesota, and it’s important that you understand their function.
- What exactly do they do? The QRC’s role in a work comp case is two-fold:
- QRCs manage your medical care, coordinate medical appointments, follow up with recommendations on care, and keep all involved parties informed.
- QRCs help coordinate a safe and appropriate return to work within the restrictions of treating physicians.
- Who picks my QRC? You do. At Teplinsky Law Group, we ensure that our clients are able to exercise their right to have their own QRC. Selecting the right QRC can have a direct and significant effect on your benefits. The wrong QRC will not necessarily get you the right doctors, and might be inclined to steer things in the direction of what’s best for the insurance company.
- What the right QRC can do for you: Conversely, the right QRC can have very positive effects on getting the right doctors and follow up care approved and paid. A good QRC will make sure there is appropriate consideration for the injured worker’s restrictions, and they’ll help coordinate a safe return to work.
- Beware of time restrictions: You have time restrictions on picking a QRC. Failure to abide with those restrictions will cost you your right to decide. Consulting an attorney is the best way for you to be mindful and in control of all deadlines and time restrictions in your case.
Minneapolis Work Injury Attorneys
At Teplinsky Law Group, we work diligently to provide you with the best resources, including QRCs. If you are interested in speaking with one of our Minneapolis work injury attorneys, call us at 612-465-0320 to schedule a free consultation. If you have a question or concern regarding your care or right to any work comp benefits…call us. Get informed and protected!