More and more people are coming forward and admitting that they have suffered a serious health condition or injury that may be linked to a dangerous drug. The FDA has recently been bombarded with complaints and concerns from patients that have suffered serious side effects to medications that were once considered safe. These medications have been advertised and sold across the USA and used in medical facilities and hospitals for years. However, the truth has been revealed that many of our most trusted medical products, from pain killers to birth control pills, are actually a lot more harmful to patients than first advertised.
As the FDA continues to recall medical products and provide black box warnings on some of our most trusted pharmaceuticals, it is time for victims to stand up. Some of the drug recalls that are currently in the process of undergoing legal investigations as well as trials include Avandia, a medication used to help treat diabetes, Yaz and Yasmin, two of the most popular oral contraceptives used across the world and GranuFlo, used in dialysis treatment.
If you are using a medical product or medication frequently, then you have the legal right to know all the side effects involved. Medical companies are required by law to list the side effects on the box to inform patients of what the risks are. Some medications have been known to cause serious complications including:
- Blood clots. Blood clots can lead to health conditions such as heart attacks, strokes and pulmonary embolism. There have been several instances of fatality due to blood clots. Oral contraceptive such as Yaz and Yasmin has been known to increase your risk of blood clotting.
- Overdose and addiction. Certain painkillers have been linked to addiction as well as high overdose frequency
- Infertility – oral contraceptives, including the Nuva ring and vaginal mesh slings have been linked to chronic pain, infertility and the need for repeat surgeries
- Rapid weight loss or gain – many medications have been linked to rapid weight loss or weight gain
- Organ failure – kidney and liver failure are two of the most common side effects associated with many now-recalled products out there. However, gallbladder and pancreas problems, as well as bladder conditions are also common.
If you have experienced an unusual side effect that could be linked to your medication, there is no harm in speaking to an attorney. You may find that you are able to join a mass tort lawsuit or that there is a current investigation surrounding the drug. It never hurts to find out the facts and you may just get the answers you are looking for and the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys are available anytime you need. Contact us today at (612) 465-0320.